The next generation of tunnel ventilation combined with CowKühlerZ stall cooling to create the ultimate heat stress reducing system
What sets the Tunnel Plus system apart?
- It can be used in both tie stall and freestall barns – and even hog barns
- Next generation, automated ventilation AND cooling system
- Part 1: Air exchange system
- Maxum Tech ventilation systems that adjust to the needs of the barn environment – hot or cold weather
- A unique exhaust system focused on air exchange
- The air exchange system allows for the minimum to maximum needs of the barn using creative air in-letting and lots of variability to adjust as needed
- The most efficient use of fans designed to focus on their individual priority = to ventilate (exchange the air in the barn)
- This is unlike older methods that used the tunnel to try to exchange the air and cool cows – this has been proven to not get the intended results and only add to increased energy costs.
- Part 2: Stall air and cooling system
- CowKuhlerZ fans and water are used to combat the heat stress that builds up in a cows’ core body, whether she’s laying in a stall or standing in the feed ally
- Cooling is far more than just blowing some air on the cows – Science has proven that the higher the airspeed, the more aggressive the use of water can be used to achieve proper evaporative cooling levels
- With newer technology, variable speed, high-velocity air movement on the cows is taking evaporative cooling for cows to the next generation
- Next generation cooling results in:
- Lower, more consistent core body temperatures
- Longer, more restful lie-down times
- Less crowding
- Lower somatic cell counts
- Higher milk production
- Higher, more consistent conception rates
- Be the most consistent and efficient with each cow and she will thank you!